To deliver essential services for people who sleep rough 999 Club has strong partnerships with many different organisations.
Health & Well-being partners:
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust’s Health Inclusion Team run our weekly nurse-led clinic
- Change Grow Live support workers help people with substance misuse issues
- The Samaritans come to the Gateway every other week to provide people experiencing homelessness with the time and space to talk things through
- A local optician provides free eyesight tests every six months
- A local dentist has agreed to to register homeless people
- University College Hospitals TB testing van comes to see us, when our Night Shelter is open, and provides free testing.
Housing and homelessness partners
- Housing Justice, the national voice of Christian action to prevent homelessness and bad housing
- Bench Outreach, helps people find and sustain accommodation and supports people with drug, alcohol and mental health problems
- Deptford Reach, helps people rebuild lives that have been damaged by homelessness, mental illness, drug or alcohol misuse and social exclusion.
- London Street Rescue, co-ordinates outreach workers and volunteers who go out to find and engage with rough sleepers
- Lewisham Council,provide statutory housing services in our home borough
- Other local authorities and councils, including
- Crisis, the national campaigning charity for homeless people
- St Mungo’s, who work to prevent homelessness and support people at every step of their recovery from homelessness
- Thames Reach, helps people to find decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives.
- Connection St Martin’s, provide immediate relief from homelessness and long-term support leading to housing, work and independence
Evelyn Ward Association
We also work closely with Evelyn Ward Safer Neighbourhood Committee to discuss how we can help to keep the local area safe.
Neighbourhood Community Safety Service
We work with the police on how we might best support vulnerable people, whilst preserving the safety of our residential neighbours and businesses.